Oh Em Gee! One Lovely Blog Award… for me? Eeee! Thank you millions and billions to the wonderful Cupcakes and Machetes for nominating me last month (I know, I’ve been a slow poke!) If you’re looking for a good, honest and hilarious read, something to lift your spirits, please head over and check out her beautiful blog! It’s a mish mash of all different types of topics, so there’s something for everyone and with a unique spin, trust me, you’ll find something you love ! 🙂
The Official Award Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Nominate 6-10 bloggers to receive this award.
4. State 7 facts about yourself.
On with the facts!
1. I was once offered the opportunity to photograph one of my favourite bands live, and of course I said ‘yes’ (then internally screamed and flapped my hands before having an ‘I am not worthy’ crisis whilst cleaning my camera lens’ to within an inch of their life). I photographed ‘The 1975’ on behalf of a venue and it was, honestly, one of the most exciting and nerve-wracking things I have ever plucked up the courage to do. I’ve still got my AAA pass and everything. What a nerd.
2. I have never broken a bone… unless you count my little toe that I stubbed whilst swimming. Funny story… I panicked in the rapids because I turned to talk to my friend and found there was a poo chasing us round. I swam away from the floating turd so frantically that I smashed my toe on the floor and it was a little, purple, chipolata for days.
3. I have a degree. Yes, I actually have a first class honours degree. Getting it was one of the biggest struggles I have ever faced and when I finally got to don that cap and gown and run around like a Dementor in heels, it was one the proudest moments of my life. It was also the hottest day of the year, there was zero air con and my Nan’s mobility scooter broke down so I had to push it from location to location. Well, it couldn’t have gone smoothly could it?
4. I am trained to handmake lace. Bobbin lace is a dying art form. Basically, it’s the manual way of making all that fancy, frilly stuff that lines table cloths, handkerchiefs, even shirts and dresses. It’s fiddly and laborious but has the potential to look pretty swaggy (note to self: never, EVER say the term ‘swaggy’ again.)
5. Whilst at school, I got a U in a cooking exam. I managed to cause so much chaos. You know in comedy films when someone turns on a blender and it explodes, the contents covering the ceiling and dripping from the walls, and everyone just stands there in silence wondering what just happened? Yeah, I lived through that.
6. I once went on a month long road trip from Toronto, Canda to the Gulf of Mexico, USA and back again. It was one of the biggest adventures I have ever partaken in and was worth every minute. I just wish I could have spent longer exploring each state I stopped in and more than two days at Disney World! I’d love to do it again now I’m older.
7. I am a massive memory hoarder. I keep all of my ticket stubs and programmes from shows and exhibits. I have a scrap book that is almost full of tickets, receipts, score cards, boarding passes, entry passes, wristbands, etc. from all different kinds of events and adventures. The earliest stubs in there are Legoland tickets from 2001.
Happy blogging everyone!